Salisbury East High School has full accreditation by the Council of International Schools
What this means for our students is:
A world-class accredited education within a South Australian Government school providing excellence in education with pathways to Universities, TAFE Colleges and Employment.
The fact that SEHS is accredited provides members of the community with the assurance that is has met the demanding CIS standards in all school areas including
- Philosophy and Objectives
- Governance and Management
- Student Support Services
- Student and Community Life
Accreditation has value for all members of the school community
Characteristics of a CIS Accredited School
The award of accreditation shows that:
- The school is devoted to its mission. It cares enough about what it does to seek validation by a recognised
- The school knows itself. It has thought deeply about the services it offers to students, family and community.The school is student-orientated. Its philosophy of education is suitable for the students on roll, and encompasses the development of the whole individual.
- The school keeps its promises. It promises only what it can deliver.
- The school accepts objective assessment. It is prepared to open its doors periodically to regular evaluation by the school community and by outside experienced evaluators.
- The school is constantly seeking to improve its performance in curricular and other areas.
- The school plans for the future. As part of the on-going nature of evaluation process, accredited schools are continually planning future developments.
Concerned professionals as well as parents naturally seek a quality education for children. Expatriate parents in particular face a strange environment which offers few guidelines on how best to select the most appropriate school for their child’s needs. In some areas there may be only one international school available for the children of the expatriate community.
The fact that a school is accredited provides members of the community with the assurances outlined above.
These are the reports that we have submitted to CIS
First Report [.pdf 623kB]
Special Report [.pdf 1.50MB]
Special Report Evidence [.pdf 1.27MB]
5 Year Report [.pdf 3.15MB]
Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 October 2011 14:56